Question: How do you get statistics on log values (variable values*) for a given well? How about a given zone in that well?
Answer**: In Techlog 2013.2.0 (not 2011 as far as I could tell), you can do this with the Statistics tool.
- Select a variable from one of the wells and move it to the “Data type assignment” pane with the “Variables >” button and click “Create”
- Drag a well from your Project Browser to the Input pane of the Workflow Manager (right side).
- Click the Statistics tab in the Workflow Manager (right side).
- Click the purple “Play” button to compute statistics for your selection.
One well with zones:
- Proceed to step 3, above.
- Open the Zonation pane in the Project Browser.
- Select the zones you want to calculate statistics for.
- Open the Zonation tab in the Workflow Manager.
- Click the icon for “Insert zones from the zonation dock window.”
- Go to step 4, above.
I hope this helps someone at least a little bit.
*”Variables” are what Techlog calls digital logs. Each type of log is a different variable.
**Drawing somewhat from this knowledge base article.