(Updated 2021-04-09) If you really don’t care what Rob Port has to say, here’s a Greasemonkey script to hide his articles from appearing on the Grand Forks Herald website:
// @name _Remove Port
// @include https://www.grandforksherald.com/*
// @require http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.0/jquery.min.js
// @grant GM_addStyle
//- The @grant directive is needed to restore the proper sandbox.
/*--- Use the jQuery contains selector to find content to remove.
Beware that not all whitespace is as it appears.
var badDivs1 = $(".section-article-teaser-item:contains('Port:')");
var badDivs2 = $(".section-article-teaser-item:contains('Mailbag:')");
var badDivs3 = $(".section-article-teaser-item:contains('Plain Talk Live:')");
//-- Or use badDivs.hide(); to just hide the content.
Taken almost entirely from https://stackoverflow.com/a/9169236/2152245.
Don’t have a better title yet. Sometimes bug email lists are the best way to find answers!
After installing Nextcloud using yunohost (which is awesome so far), the Redis server crashed and couldn’t be restarted. Turns out a couple cifs (Samba) drives I was mounting in fstab were preventing Redis from starting.
I unmounted the drives, started Redis through yunohost, and then remounted the drives. If I have to reboot, will probably have to go through this again, so not an ideal solution.
Jul 19 22:14:46 systemd: Failed to start Advanced key-value store.
Solution figured out from: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=834551#27.
It’s been a while since I’ve written anything long-form that isn’t related to work. Although “technical and boring” seems to be my wheelhouse, it’s not my entire goal in life.
Nothing long-form is coming today, however. Instead I present a list of things I have written down (in Joplin or Trello) under “to blog about someday.” Enjoy!
This post in some cases counts as “the ghost of done,” so…rad?
- blog about prediction interval
- report on eHam how Wilderman went and put on blog
- I guess the simple answer to that is: https://www.eham.net/community/smf/index.php/topic,120178.msg1147755.html#msg1147755
- do wasteful people subsidize the rest of us?
- blog formula for number of downspouts
- Babboe City review blog series
- sum both time and distance approaching recent races
- pro-cycling arguments
- This one is pretty neat, you can see some chronomen charts in my dissertation, however I guess I need to change the name so it doesn’t clash with a watch brand and whatever else might be using it.
- residential roundabouts
- KML file of Wallace’s line or biogeographic regions
- Surely this must exist by now. It’s probably SaaS somewhere.
- “DEM thing I did for NCRDS”
- Not sure which thing this is…
- expressing your software/method/procedure in layman’s terms
- Less jargon is good. I’m looking at you, modeling or “computational geoscience” software.
- physical activity as a way to see new things
- I literally seem to have meant “see new physical things because you are physically somewhere you usually aren’t.”